The iDESIGNTM Refractive Studio
The iDESIGNTM Refractive Studio
To order this product, please contact your sales rep.
Make every treatment a true original
The iDESIGNTM Refractive Studio is a topo-integrated, wavefront-guided technology.1
Next-level treatment planning
- Topo-integrated, wavefront-guided treatment planning enables true personalization (when available)1
Expanded diagnostic capabilities
- Topographic maps, views, and summary metrics1
- Shorten, automate, and eliminate steps for faster turnaround
Committed to your practice’s success
- Approved for myopia (with or without astigmatism), hyperopia, (with or without astigmatism), mixed astigmatism, and monovision LASIK1
Support and expertise from a proven leader
When you measure better, you treat better
The iDESIGNTM Refractive Studio, the next level of treatment planning with a proprietary INSIDE+OUT approach that adds corneal topography measurements to the wavefront-guided procedure.1
Map the entire optical pathway inside the eye with wavefront analysis
- Measures both lower and higher aberrations1
- ~1,257 data points capture the most minuscule distortions2
- 25X more precise than conventional measurements like manifest refraction*3
- 5X the resolution with high-definition Hartmann-Shack Wavefront Sensor†4
Map the entire surface of the cornea with corneal topography
- Uses a built-in full-gradient topographer to capture ~1,200 x- and y-slopes to interpret minuscule variations in the corneal surface2
Topo-integrated wavefront-guided technology
- Individual patient’s topographic data are used to vertex wavefront-guided data from pupil to corneal plane1
- Individual patient’s topographic data are used to calculate accurate treatment delivery by taking into account cosine compensation1
The difference is in the data.
The next level of personalization.
The iDESIGNTM Refractive Studio adds a comprehensive set of diagnostics capabilities to ensure a more informed view of the patient’s refractive error.
- Mean curvature
- Instantaneous curvature
- Internal aberrations
- Ellipsoidal elevation
- CT irregularity
- WF irregularity
- High order CT aberrations
- Easier scale access
- Data overlays
- User configurable
- Multiple custom review
- Cursor readout
- Summary metrics
Experience more efficiency in planning for users, technicians and patients.
- One-click acquisition: 5-in-1 measurements for efficient workflow and patient qualification
- Selectable fixation targets: New fixation targets and illumination settings to help patient examinations
- Rx at lane length: Wavefront refraction is displayed at the lane length which allows for easy comparison with manifest refraction
- Network printing: Ability to print to a network printer
- Daily verification: Automated and easy to use daily verification
Wavefront aberrometry, wavefront refraction, corneal topography, keratometry, pupillometry
Sphere and cylinder measurements in 0.01 D increments, spherical equivalent range (6 mm pupil) -16 D to +12 D, cylinder range (6 mm pupil) up to 8.0 D
Length: 20.0 in (50.8 cm)
3. Based on mathematical calculation: WaveScan WaveFront System/iDESIGNTM Refractive Studio = 0.01D. Manifest refraction =0.25D. Manifest 0.25 ÷ iDESIGNTM Refractive Studio 0.01 = 25. 25X more precise.
4. Based on mathematical calculation: WaveScan System = ~240 micro-refractions. iDESIGNTM Refractive Studio = 1,257 microrefractions. iDESIGNTM Refractive Studio 1,257 240 = 5.23X the resolution.